Kids love art!
The Art Docent Program is a quality arts enrichment program that is not currently offered.
An art docent is a volunteer that visits the classroom every other month to introduce children to the wonders of art appreciation. The art curriculum is pre-packaged and makes leading art lessons fun and easy after a brief training offered in person and online. Art docents have fun exposing children to different artists and different styles of visual art. Plus each project helps meet learning standards required by Washington State. Please consider being an art docent for your child’s class! For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow and share your art on our Facebook Page: Cedar Wood Art Docents
Our program helps fulfill these goals:
- Provide informative lessons that inspire creative thinking
- To examine & apply different elements of art
- Help children define their visual world
- Introduce artists throughout history
- To acquaint children with different art genres
- Provide S.T.E.A.M. resources for parents & teachers
- To establish art as a critical part of the educational curriculum