Kids love art!
An art docent is a volunteer that visits the classroom every other month to introduce children to the wonders of art appreciation. The art curriculum is pre-packaged and makes leading art lessons fun and easy after a brief training offered in person. Art docents have fun exposing children to different artists and different styles of visual art. Plus each project helps meet learning standards required by Washington State. Please consider being an art docent for your child’s class! For more information please contact: email@example.com
Follow and share your art on our Facebook Page: Cedar Wood PTA Art Docent
Our program helps fulfill these goals:
- Provide informative lessons that inspire creative thinking
- To examine & apply different elements of art
- Help children define their visual world
- Introduce artists throughout history
- To acquaint children with different art genres
- Provide S.T.E.A.M. resources for parents & teachers
- To establish art as a critical part of the educational curriculum
November Art Docent Project
Highlighted Artist – Georgia O’Keeffe
If you would like to volunteer to come in and teach a particular lesson, please use the calendar below to choose a date. Fill in the teacher’s name and the time you’d like to be in the classroom.