Making mental health an everyday priority
Life is full of ups and downs. It is normal for our emotional state to change on a day-to-day basis and in periods throughout our lives. When our minds are healthy and strong, we are more resilient to life’s challenges, able to use healthy coping methods, have better relationships, and maintain our overall health and well-being. That’s why it is important to be proactive about our mental health!
Cedar Wood Elementary PTA is excited to announce we are offering the National PTA’s Healthy Minds series, in collaboration with Mill Creek Elementary PTA! National PTA has developed the PTA Healthy Minds Program to help families make mental health an everyday priority.
Thursday, February 29, 6pm at Mill Creek Elementary
Monday, May 6, 6pm at Cedar Wood Elementary
- Provide informative lessons that inspire creative thinking
- To examine & apply different elements of art
- Help children define their visual world
- Introduce artists throughout history
- To acquaint children with different art genres
- Provide S.T.E.A.M. resources for parents & teachers
- To establish art as a critical part of the educational curriculum
Families play an important role in:
- Providing children with strong mental health support.
- Incorporating positive mental health practices into their daily lives.
- Helping your children if they are struggling emotionally, mentally and physically.
Looking after our physical health can have a positive impact on our mental wellbeing.
- Get a good night’s rest, 9-11 hours each night
- Eat balanced meals filled with fruits, vegetables and protein
- Play outside for 1-2 hours each day
- Talk about your feelings with your family, teachers, and peers. The more we talk the easier is it for others to understand.
Stay up to date on all things PTA every week with the Sea Wolf Weekly—delivered straight into your inbox.